Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Chako

Chako Barbecue & Izakaya
Date: January 9, 2008 (Wednesday)
Address: 163 York Boulevard, Richmond Hill (Hwy 7 & 404)
Phone: (905) 889-7898

according to the waitress, this BBQ restaurant has been opened for ~3 months .. it's all you can eat dinner.. included with the meal were: Miso soup, Salad, Appetizers, Side Dishes, Steamed Rice & Dessert.. drinks were not included..

Unlimited Selections from the Following:
Sliced beef 牛肉
Short rib 牛仔骨
Ox tongue 牛舌
Sliced pork 豬肉
Sliced chicken 雞肉
Squid 魷魚
Fish Fillet 魚片
Sliced Lamb 羊肉
Tiger Shrimp 虎蝦
Mussel 青口

the food was good overall.. & the salmon was very good..
it's funny that they had pineapple & mushroom as dishes too..

the waitresses/waiters r very attentive.. service was good..
re food, i think they have more choices of dishes than other Korean BBQ restaurants.. we were all very full that night..
the only drawback was that they didn't have the drink that i want.. i first asked for Green Tea, & then Mountain Dew, which were listed on the menu.. but those were not available that night..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food looks so good. May I ask how much for one person?

BM said...

hihi..
sorry, i don't remember the listed price per person.. but i paid $22 for myself including tax & tips..
hope it helps! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hi bm,

Thank you for the information. I really like your blog!!!!

Can I ask one more question? In one of you article, you mentioned about some newly opened salon in Markham. Could you recommend one (or couple) for me? I live in the USA and would like to visit Markham soon. So, I wonder if I can get a good hair cut/perm over there. I am not too young, so, I don't need something very fancy.

Thanks!

BM said...

hi marilyn..
thx!! glad that u like the blog.. hope the info here can help u!

i have my haircut @ Initium Hair on Warden & Hwy 7.. my stylist is called Ken.. the phone # is 905-947-8880.. i did recommend my stylist to my friends & they like him too.. :) just one note.. Ken won't talk much during the haircut.. i'm good with it.. but not sure if it will be a concern to others..

anyway, good luck & all the best to your trip here! wish u'll have a good time!

Anonymous said...

Hello BM,

Sorry for asking one more question.
Do you know any good place that we can purchase Japanes style bowls & plates? I know there is one store inside the Pacific Mall, on the second floor. Do you know any other places? Thanks a lot!!!

Marilyn

BM said...

hmm.. u can try J-Town.. http://www.japantown.ca/
they do have some plates & bowls for sale.. but i went there for food every time so didn't pay attention to that section.. :P
however, if u like jap food, do try their cake, or curry rice/noodle.. so good!