Saturday, August 01, 2009

Dickens Now Cafe

Dickens Now Cafe
Date: August 1, 2009 (Saturday)
Address: 328 Hwy 7 East, Unit B1 & B2, Richmond Hill (Hwy 7 & Bayview)
Phone: (905) 763-1368

when i first heard that "Dickens" is opened again, all i can think of is their Chicken Wings Basket (which we loved most during our highschool times).. just dunno if this "Dickens" is the same as the old one!!

let's see..
we've been there for breakfast & we liked it.. that's y we came here for lunch..

this was Baked Pork Cutlet with Spaghetti..

can't remember what this one was.. just remember it's Curry..

this was supposed to be Chicken with Black Pepper sauce; however, it didn't taste like Black Pepper at all..
lunch was just so-so..
but we've tried their Tea Time.. & their 吉列豬扒 was very good!
Chicken Wings were a bit disappointing though..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have went to this place for lunch several times and I've got to say that it is nothing compared to the good old Dickens. Speaking of those chicken wings, I still remember the interesting smell! Anyways, I noticed that the food at Dickens Now isn't any special. Their dishes don't really stand out at all...just regular hong kong style cafe food. Service wasn't that great either. This place made me disappointed. Oh ya! I also remember those really delicious grilled ham and cheese sandwiches at the old Dickens!! The cheese actually melts! Sadly, I couldn't find ones like those again in any Chinese-owned cafes. :(

BM said...

i guess we just have to keep looking for good cafes!!

Anonymous said...

Yup that's true. What I realized is that there actually isn't many good ones to choose from. I think that some of Cafe 28's dishes are delicious but unfortunately I think that they have a limited menu selection. Also, they won't cook any "customized" food even if the customer requests. One time I asked if they could make a sandwich for me, and they refused.

Anonymous said...

the "black pepper sauce chicken" isn't black pepper! It's garlic sauce stuff!!!