Sunday, January 06, 2008

Phoenix Restaurant 金鳳餐廳 (@ Woodbine Ave.)

Phoenix Restaurant 金鳳餐廳
Address: 7155 Woodbine Avenue, Markham
Phone: (905) 940-1113
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 8am-10pm

it's grand opening on Woodbine & north of Steeles.. just in the plaza that next to Holiday Inn.. the decor inside is pretty nice.. DC said they went on Saturday ~1:30pm but it was way too crowded for them to squeeze in.. so the 4 of us tried again tonite at ~6pm..

the menu seems to be the same as the one on Raymerville Drive.. & they managed to maintain their food quality too..

Steamed Chicken on Rice w/ Ginger Sauce (海南雞飯)
..they used 油飯, i.e. 用雞油煮飯.. & the chicken were boneless!!

Yunnan Vermicelli in Fish Broth (魚翅骨豬骨湯米線)
Mushroom & Chicken in Black Pepper Sauce on Rice (黑椒鮮磨菇雞柳飯)
..十分香口.. i like it! the combination of mushroom & chicken with black pepper sauce was great!
Malaysia Curry OX Tongue with Rice (馬來咖哩牛利飯)
..good spicy curry!


we also tried their dessert.. the Panna Cotta (法式奶凍).. LG said it tasted like the Tiramisu that he had in the other Phoenix Restaurant before!

9 comments:

dapan said...

a few weeks ago,我去過食lunch,食物不過不失. but a friend went there for 下午茶 last sunday, he said 啲食物整得好求其兼難食.

BM said...

really? they just opened for a while & already got bad comments.. i wonder if the quality of food in the other one can maintain too.. maybe we should try going back to the old one.. =P

dapan said...

聽聞金鳳的招牌菜味道是不錯的,但招牌菜以外的就有好大嘅改善空間。

when i was there for lunch, 隔離枱有位女士在投訴肉醬意粉沒有芝士(確實是一點芝士也沒有),想拿一些cheese powder,但待應卻說沒有cheese powder。
when my friend went there for 下午茶, my friend told me that 隔離枱有對夫婦也在投訴,但我朋友聽不到他們在投訴什麼,只看見他們是十分不滿。

BM said...

maybe that's the case.. we usually just tried their "special" or signature dishes.. i remember that i once ordered a 「鮮磨菇汁」雞扒意粉 (from the one @ McCowan) & it turned out that 鮮磨菇汁=忌廉汁!! but 忌廉汁 is also one choice among the other sauces!! -_-"

dapan said...

還有一樣有趣的是,他們說自己是一間餐廳,但我卻覺得他們像一間茶餐廳,因為坐卡位的話要面對面與別人搭枱坐。:-(

唔好意思!希望你不要介要我在說這麼多。

BM said...

haha.. don't worry.. it's always nice to know how others feel about the restaurant!! thx for your sharing! ^_^

dapan said...

a flickr friend just went there for afternoon tea, please check this out.

Anonymous said...

today i ordered a deep fire chicken leg. I waiting for 30 mins and my food never show up. I asked a waiter to check is my order got missed. She just said ok, but i saw her did nothing, not even a check. another 5 mins waiting i ask another waiter. She did a check n get back to me said, my order was overlooked, ask me waiting for another 10 mins. I waited total 45 mins n my food still not ready. I ask again. Those waiters gave me a long face. This is what kind of services??? When i ask for a bill. Those waiters are walking by and pretented not see me??? I will not go again. Extreme bad bad bad service.

BM said...

sorry for your bad experience! thx for sharing!!